Thursday, November 7, 2013

LOW CARB VEGAN Chocolate Sauce - Organic!

Yes...you read it right! This chocolate sauce is low-carb, vegan, and ORGANIC!  I NEVER thought I could find a sweet chocolate sauce that was all 3!! It only takes a few minutes to make and is a fantastic frosting for cupcakes, sauce for ice cream,dip for fruits...you get the idea!

You can change up this sauce in ANY way you want! It is a very basic recipe but can be jazzed up with spicy peppers, mint, nuts, booze, etc!

Now....since I wanted to make my sauce low carb, I used stevia instead of sugar. 1 tablespoon of this sweet chocolate has only 3 grams of carbs! If you are not familiar with stevia, it is an organic sweetener that is notably better for those controlling their sugar intake! Yes, you can use other sugar substitutes in this recipe but I prefer to avoid chemicals whenever I can. Feel free to use your favorite sugar substitute or regular sugar for that matter.

I would also like to add that this totally can be considered HEALTHY chocolate! If you use the vegan recipe and use coconut oil, you are adding so many health benefits! Coconut oil is known to lower cholesterol,  boost metabolism, fight disease.... it is a never ending list of health benefits. You can read more about coconut oil HERE. Now, don't worry if you don't like the taste of coconut. It really doesn't impart too much coconut flavor....my hubby HATES coconut but LOVES when I use it to cook, bake, and make this chocolate sauce!

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup sugar (if you are making this LOW CARB by using organic stevia, start with less as it takes less stevia to sweeten)
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil (if you are not vegan, use butter)
  • 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder

Directions:

1) Put sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove it from the heat
2) Stir in the butter and mix until incorporated (you may want to use a whisk)
3) Add remaining ingredients. Stir until glossy.
4) Pour into glass container.

You can TOTALLY make this in the microwave! Just follow the same steps!

If you enjoyed this easy Vegan recipe...you can check out a few others on my site! I focus on organic cooking that is easy, inexpensive, and that tastes good. After all, if it isn't good....the family isn't going to eat it. It is my challenge to prove that eating healthy does not mean boiled veggies for every meal! I actually aim to prove that healthy food tastes better!

Check out a few recipes while you are here:
Organic Vegan Chicken Salad
Healthy and EASY Organic Black Bean Soup
Healthy Homemade Almond Butter
Soy Free Vegetarian breakfast sausage

Be sure to follow me on Social media to get quick updates!



2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Does this look good Heather. As you know I have switched to a healthier real food diet, but that doesn't mean that I've kicked chocolate out of my life. I still have got to have it once in a while! This looks nice and easy and I've always got the needed ingredients. I will try this as soon as a craving hits. So........that should be sometime this weekend. Thanks for sharing this with our Let's Get Real readers. I know they are going to love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made this! So good min top of my frozen banana "ice cream" so vegan and delicious

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS