I realized jut the other day that I had never introduced my kids to my friend "The Crepe". I guess I always thought that they were tough to make which was why I didn't get them at home a lot as a kid...luckily for me, I found that they are actually just as easy as pancakes to make and were a nice break from the norm.
To make crepes, you only need a few ingredients that most folks have in their pantries....while gathering, set your pan on medium high heat and coat with oil. We opt for coconut oil in our house...here is WHY! Now, I used ALL organic ingredients but feel free to use whatever you like!
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (not all recipes call for this but I still add it :)
It honestly is really simple.
- Mix ingredients together to form a smooth batter
- Gently ladle some batter into your heated pan.
- Either GENTLY use your ladle to make the round crepe or gently rotate the pan allowing the batter to make it's own circle. It should be a super thin "pancake"
- Allow the crepe to begin browning then gently use a spatula to lift and flip.
We were happy with the results!
Now you can fill those crepes with whatever you like! Today my
kids chose Chocolate, Peanut Butter, & Banana (you can snag the Vegan Chocolate Sauce recipe HERE) and Sweet Crème and Berry. Trust me, they all sound fancier than they are....Sweet Crème for us is just sour cream with some sugar and juice!
Let me know how you like to fill (OR TOP - just in case that is the correct way) your Crepe!
Hope you enjoy!