Sunday, August 11, 2013

Black Bean Brownies

If my children ever figure out the secret ingredient in my brownies, I will be in a lot of trouble. I honestly did try to convince them that there were beans inside and for some reason, they did not believe me!

These brownies are so much healthier than your typical brownie! They are more like a sweet protein bar. This recipe has no flour, 2/3 less sugar than usual recipes, only 2 tbsp. oil, and is packed with heart healthy protein and fiber.



To make these your own, you can add anything your family loves to this recipe! Try adding chopped nuts, peanut butter, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or even candies right before placing the pan into the oven.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of oil ( your choice, I used coconut oil)
  • 1/3 cup of sugar (your choice of sweetener-I used stevia)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions:
  1. Add everything to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
  2. Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes
  4. Allow brownies to cool for about 10 minutes
These brownies were a shock to both me and my family. They were extremely rich and full of flavor and best of all, a healthy alternative to a boxed brownie mix!

I hope you will check out some of our other real food recipes and organic recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS