Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Microwave Potato Chips

That is right--MICROWAVE potato chips! I saw a post on this a few months ago and thought for sure it was a hoax. I don't say it often, but I stand corrected. These chips came out crispy with ZERO oil or fat!  They were so easy to make and my kids actually loved them. My husband looked at me like I was crazy (not a first time) when I told him what I was doing. After his first taste, he was the one admitting that he was wrong!

You can season these chips anyway you want to! Simple salt, bar-b-que rub,  Italian seasonings, almost anything! A batch for us was 5 potatoes this mean that a "normal bag's worth" of my "Fit Chips" cost me less than $1! If you have organic potatoes on hand...you just saved yourself a TON of money! You now have organic potato chips for less than $2!

These chips are perfect for a "clean" eating diet. There is nothing added-just a potato and some spices!

Check this out...
Normal storebought chips have 10 grams of fat per 15 chips, 
 these "fit chips" have 0.2 grams of fat per 15 chips!

Here is how you make them:
  1. Slice your potatoes paper thin (use a mandolin if you have one). Mine were a bit chunkier but still amazing.You can peel them if you like. There is so much "good stuff" in the skins so I leave them on!
  2. Wash your potatoes slices in cold water.
  3. Dry your potatoes either in a salad spinner or with towels. The drier you get them, the better.
  4. Place your potato slices on a glass plate. Some recipes suggest using parchment on top and bottom. I did not have any on hand.
  5. Microwave for about 8 minutes. 
  6. DONE


No joke! That is it! Since I was making them for my whole family, they did take a while but 8 minutes for a single serving of super healthy-crisp potato chips is well worth it! I hope you try them and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The supplier is more likely to let you have a new oven if you are able to make them aware of the problem. If they can't make you aware of the problem, they will try to sell you a used oven from another client. Author is an expert of microwaves, click here for more interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can have a tough time deciding how to cook and if they are going to eat healthy or not. For more information on best built-in microwave, read me.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS