Simply cut the crust off BEFORE you make the sandwich and the possibilities are endless!
Here are 10 ways to use that crusty goodness!
|1 Bag of Crusts!|
3. Bread Pudding - who doesn't love a great warm bread pudding!
4. Stuffing/Dressing - call it what you want to....it is always an awesome addition to dinner! Everyone has their favorite version so I will leave that to you!
|Warm berries and greek yogurt!!|
|Pic of the Johnsonville Bake|
7. Breadcrumbs! Why buy them when you already are throwing enough bread away to keep you in crumbs for life?!? Toss your crust pieces in some butter and garlic and then bake in the oven at 150 degrees until they are extremely crunchy. Run these guys through a food processor or blender and wah-bam...you have homemade breadcrumbs! Store in a sealed container!
|Ina Garten's recipe! MMMMM!|
9. Meatloaf & Meatballs - Instead of using fresh bread...use something you were going to pitch! Try dicing your crusts and using them instead. Using your homemade seasoned breadcrumbs here is also a great trick!
10. Feed the Birds - Okay, so this isn't a recipe for food but it is a recipe for FUN! I am sure someone will argue that this is a bad idea to feed the birds...if so, sorry. It is always a great family experience to sit at the park and feed the ducks. It is FREE to do and the kids LOVE it. The ducks are already being fed so it isn't like we are ruining their natural hunting instincts...right?
So....maybe I have taken this frugal thing too far.....well, maybe not! Look at all of the amazing things I can do with the "wasted" crusts from my children's sandwiches! If you have other ideas, I would LOVE to hear them and try them! Please share any tips, recipes, and tricks you may have for saving money using bread crusts!!