Monday, February 25, 2013

Homemade Pasta Made EASY!

Easy Healthy Homemade Pasta Recipe

Quick and Easy! No Pasta Machine Required

After leaving my full time career to be a work at home mom, I decided that I needed to put a bit more effort into what my family was eating. I began making everything that I could from scratch but for some reason was scared to try pasta! I had always heard that it was difficult to get right.....that was until I tried this recipe.
Herbed Ravioli Made by adding fresh basil to the dough!
I have used this pasta for noodles, ravioli, even fresh lasagna sheets and it is truly is one of the easiest pasta recipes out there. Its a traditional egg pasta but I have tweaked it to make it a bit healthier by using whole wheat flour. You can of course use any flour you would like.

There is little time involved in making this pasta as it is cooked immediately and does not require drying.

Add Extra ZING to your pasta by adding fresh herbs into your dough! Fresh basil, garlic, oregano....anything you like can be added to enhance the flavor. ENJOY!

Cook Time

Prep time:
Ready in:
Yields: Varies based on the type of pasta you are making

Ingredients

  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour, I used wheat
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2-3 teaspoons spices, (if desired)

Just a few steps!

  1. In a large bowl mix flour, salt, and any desired herbs. Add in a slightly beaten egg and mix until a stiff dough forms. If needed, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
  2. Knead dough for about 3 to 4 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to desired thinness and cut into strips or desired shape (use biscuit cutter or glass to cut circles)
  3. Drop into boiling water for approximately 5 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS