Monday, November 10, 2014

Healthy Homemade Ice Cream

I am going to be honest here...I have seen this recipe a few times and never thought that 1) it would actually work and 2) that my kids would accept it as an ice cream replacement. Great news for me....both actually happened.

There are a few reasons that this recipe is now a favorite in my house. The first...it's super inexpensive to make! I am easily able to grab clearance bananas to use which are always marked down at my grocery store to like 19 cents a pound! The second...the health factor is so amped up here. No added sugar, no preservatives, no artificial flavorings...just FRUIT. The third is pretty simple....It tastes great! It has a creamy texture and you can easily add other fruits for different flavors: strawberries, blueberries, peanut butter, blackberries, chocolate chips, etc! As you can see by the photo, my kids opted for chocolate chip. I really didn't feel bad adding them since it was just bananas and chocolate chips!

The steps are SOOOO EASY to do and your kids will love helping!

1) Slice bananas into small discs and freeze in containers or baggies.
2) Load frozen bananas into food processor.
3) BLEND!

Those 3 steps will produce a super creamy "ice cream" that is packed with nutrients and low in calories. It also makes organic ice cream an affordable treat (that crap is expensive at the store!)

I hope you enjoy this recipe and try it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS